Thursday, September 2, 2010

Homer's Innards

Today I finally got to see inside Homer. In fact, I'm sitting here at my new desk as I type. Next to my new "fireplace" and TV.

The internet connection is pretty slow, but I was able to upload a few pictures. There are more coming, but I lost the connection during the upload so those will have to wait for another day.

With no further ado, here is the inside of Homer.

The master bedroom:
Photobucket

Dresser, TV, window:
Photobucket

Washer/Dryer:
Photobucket

Closet:
Photobucket

Master bath:
Photobucket

Linen closet:
Photobucket

Living room/kitchen/dining room:
Photobucket

Table and couch:
Photobucket

TV, desk, fireplace, fridge, stove:
Photobucket

The rest of the kitchen:
Photobucket

The kids' room:
Photobucket

Elias is sleeping on the mattress on the floor for the trip home. Later on, we'll get a bed rail and figure out some way for him to get up to the top bunk. Then we'll either leave the spot below as a play space, or we'll put a toddler bed there for Anna. Not sure yet.

Steve has the electric, water, and sewer hooked up, but apparently the dealership failed to fill up our propane as they were supposed to, so we don't have hot water. I guess that means no shower tomorrow.

We will, however, leave tomorrow to start our trip home. Uh, presuming we have no more delays. Fingers crossed.

My mom also pointed out to me the irony of the "Free-Range Family" being so desperate to get home. Obviously once this is our home, it'll be easier. Right now we're sort of in limbo and just want to get back to our normalcy.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! So roomy and bright :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that does look spacious! Did you figure out how many square feet that converts to? I am just curious as I can see it is very well utilized. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how open it looks!! That's the only thing about life on the road that kinda gets to me.

    After spending two years on the road as a kid in a 24 ft. travel trailer with my parents and three (then four) sibs, I love open space...one of the reasons we are looking at either ya'lls model trailer, a toy hauler, or this one trailer that has a rear living room with an odd little bunkroom in the middle on the side...any of which have at least a semblance of openness to them.

    Just curious about the other side of the kids room. How is that set up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn-Not sure on the square footage. I'll have to check on that.

    Julie- I have a photo of the other side, but it's one that didn't upload. I'll get it up in the next couple days. There's a small bathroom (with access to the outside) and a very large wardrobe. It comes standard with a small wardrobe and then an outdoor kitchen, but we opted for the extra space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! It's beautiful, Jennie! I would love something like that. Or anything with a slide-out for that matter. LOL! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete